Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hello my name is Angie

Yes I know I haven't been around much lately. Life has kind of gotten in the way or I've let it get in the way. I'm struggling along with two classes this 8 weeks and they are both very boring and I'm not liking them very much. Honestly, I'm questioning why I'm going to college and if it's really going to make that much difference in my life. Will the pay really be better, or will it just add more stress to my life? Normally more money means more responsibility and more hours and well I don't know that I can take much more of that!LOL

I'm on the change of lifestyle wagon again. I need to loose 20 pounds that I have gained as my protector from getting out in the dating world. Not that the 20 pounds have really helped keep me out of trouble. So this week thanks to Janice we are adding water to my life. My goal is to drink three or more glasses of water a day. I'm a diet dr pepper kind of girl - that's all I drink so plain no bubbly water is a challenge for me but so far I've done it. I'm tired of the yoyo of loosing weight and putting on more. I'm still below my highest weight by 30 lbs but well honestly it wouldn't take much before I would be there. Most of you would look at me and say I do not need to loose weight but I do. The junk is crammed into the trunk of my pants that nobody can see until I take them off. I will never be a 2 again or even a 4. I would love to be a 6 again but honestly right now I would settle for a 8 and it not be too tight. Valerie Bertinelli has joined Jenny Craig and she has a wonderful blog that I encourage anyone that's on this battle to check out for some inspiration.

My daughter will be pledged into the National Honor's Society this weekend at her school. She is very excited about this and I'm very proud of her for this accomplishment. I'm sure this means shopping for a new outfit this weekend!LOL But she deserves it!

I haven't been cooking lately so I don't have any recipes to share right now. I haven't been in a cooking mood lately. Hopefully that will change soon.

Hope everyone is doing well in blogland and I hope to catch up to you all soon!

7 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Angie, you're cracking me up over the "junk in the truck of your pants". I have lots of that too! The tough part is when you put it in a bathing suit. Hopefully that will motivate you more! :-))

Congrats on your Daughter being pledged! What a great honor.

Hope the dating is going well! Keep on bloggin!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Hey there, glad you had a second to give us an update. And congratulations to your daughter, how wonderful!

Hope the classes will get better, or at least - get over with soon!

Good luck with the healthy lifestyle plan too. We try, but we fall off the wagon a lot. I struggle with the water issue too. I'd much rather drink coffee (with sugar and creamer) or Coke Zero myself. I do find it is getting easier to drink more water, as it warms up down here. I buy those Crystal Light packets to add to my bottled water, it really helps me :)

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Wow, a lot of your post sounds like words from my mouth! Especially the weight loss stuff. And even the college stuff and the salary and responsibilities increase. Did you happen to see Oprah on Wednesday? It was a show about how happy you are (check her site for a quick quiz). Anyway, there was a lady on there that quit her job as a VP at a bank, took a 90% pay cut, and became a trapeze artist. She's so happy. Her face was glowing.

Congrats to DD for the honor society, too!

KC said...

UGH 20 pounds.. that is the number i need to lose also, that will take me to where I was before I had all the kids. Somehow I don't think even loseing the 20 pounds will ever have me back into a size 6 though the sands have shifted over the past 12 years ;)

Congrats to DD what an honor.. you must be so proud.

Linda Murphy said...

You are not alone in the "lose 20 lbs" group. I am hopeful to lose a bit before July for our vacation. Water is a great start. BTW, I did read about Valerie Bertinelli and I loved her when I was a kid.

Anonymous said...

Hello, I just stopped by after following a link to another link...etc! I am also a single mom, too busy all of the time, blessed with amazing babies, and 20 punds that really needs to be gone!!!! I look a lot better clothed than not, and wouldn't go as far as to say I look good then!! I enjoyed your post and wanted to say YOU GO GIRL!

Anonymous said...

How Funny! I went back and read some more of your posts and it is a bit scary what we have in common! I too have been married twice, I too have done the Air Force thing, both as a member and as a wife, I too own my own home, and love to try new things! I am sure there are more, but I've about written a novel here! You have never taken your dad to an air show? Shame on you! We had a great time... though it wasn't as big as some of the ones I have been too, it was great for my little man!
Have a very Blessed day, and if you don't mind can I add you to my favorite blogs?