Monday, December 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Erynn!


First I want to wish my darling daughter a very Happy 13th Birthday. We celebrated with a couple of her friends and her nana and papa yesterday.
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjH7il5v73UnMI6MyBRbZpQ-RSmYi2JIDcAxjTrZfipfpQGouOtymX-2qkyPiLdb3GcLfiHT7QiMD94F4kgdVs2xjyeLJYHnjUZdQFCkYm1WqFcSRAm-wHfzpzpW-oHKusVVW3Z/s1600-h/IMG_2330.JPG">

As you can tell her papa was trying to take her birthday money from her. This is my dad and he has aggrevated her from the day she was born. He used to call her Nicki when she was little (her middle name is Nicole) and she would get so mad at him and tell him what her name was.



Erynn also worked on her gingerbread house last night. Let me tell you my patience just wasn't that great last night. My hand mixer broke on making the royal icing for the house and we had to finish mixing what we could by hand. I think the only time I sat down yesterday was at church. It was a great day for Erynn and she thanked me for a great day. The last photo is a picture of the gift album that I'm giving Erynn tonight. Each year she gets an album from me either on her birthday or Christmas that's been made especially of her. This year it's her cross country running. Last year it was an album that fit in a large 64 count crayola box and it was of her first 6 yrs of school. The year before that was a quarter album for all the state quarters that we add to each year.

Monday Menu
Sunday: Vegetable soup with family - the potatoes weren't done and the corn casserole I tried to make wouldn't finish cooking either - but hey we had cake and ice cream.

Monday: Red Lobster for Erynn's Birthday

Tuesday: Chicken strips with roasted potatoes

Wednesday: Church

Thursday: Chili Dogs

Friday: Homemade Pizza

Saturday: Cheeseburger Soup

Sunday: Appetizers - we are just going to snack all day

For more menus check out Laura's blog.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love the idea of giving her a photo album that is specially made just for her. What a great gift that is going to be as she grows older and looks back on everything. :)

Your dinner for tonight sounds very yummy! Have a good time!

gail@more than a song said...

What a cute gingerbread house! And great looking album. Have a fun day.
One of my daughters has a birthday today.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ooh, Happy Birthday to Erynn! She is just darling and so cute, and obviously very talented (look at that gingerbread house!). Love the album you made her. And I think it's great you guys do the quarters together, we do those too :)

Your menu sounds really good and really well planned out! Mine is totally up in the air for the entire week. I love chicken strips, I might just need to change my menu and do those one night. We love chili dogs too, and yummy, we LOVE cheeseburger soup!

Hope you guys have a great day celebrating Erynn's birthday, and then have a very Merry Christmas!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Your birthday girl made such a cute gingerbread house! Happy birthday to her!

Enjoy this week before Christmas, and Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Erynn! She did a great job on the Gingerbread House! Can I come to Red Lobster with you guys? And, was it cheeseburger soup your having? It sounds great! Have a great week! And, a very Merry Christmas!

Amber said...

Mmm. Chili Dogs. I need to make those sometime soon. :)

Have a good week and a merry Christmas -- and happy birthday for your daughter!!

Michelle Quinno said...

Oh, she's so cute, Angie! Great gingerbread house too!!