Monday, December 11, 2006

Monday Menu December 11, 2006


Well, I have been bad this past week and have not been to blog land much this past week. And honestly, I can say we haven't eaten very good meals for us either. I past my college history class and I have a break until the 8Thu of January so I have no excuse not to cook each night. Joy!LOL

Sunday: Roast, potatoes, carrots in the crock pot with bisquick biscuits and gravy

Monday: Quick Chicken thing - this is one of my favorite quick recipes.
Take however many boneless chicken breast you need to feed your house and season the chicken with salt, lemon pepper and cavendars.In a pan large enough to put your chicken in add 1/2 a stick to a 1 stick of butter(depending on how much chicken you are cooking) and a package of fresh mushrooms with some fresh minced garlic. Place your chicken on top of this and bake in the oven covered at 350 for about 20-30 minutes until your chicken is done. Then take out of the oven and put shredded Monterrey jack cheese over the chicken and pour a can of durkee onions over the top of the cheese. Put back in the oven uncovered for about 5 min or until cheese is melted.

Tuesday: Spaghetti, green beans

Wednesday: Church

Thursday: Mac n cheese

Friday: Homemade pizza

Saturday: Singles group's Christmas get together at church

If you crochet or knit please check out http://www.savethechildren.org/publications/reports/kit11.pdf on how we can help. It's unbelievable that by just taking an hour of my time could save the life of another less fortunate. Hope everyone has a great week! Check out Laura's blog for more menus.

5 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Hi Angie,
I forgot to tell you that I tried your quick chicken recipe and everyone loved it! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...sounds so good! I'll have to try your chicken recipe soon. Have a great week!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Angie, this all sounds really good! I like to make "bisquick biscuits" too, glad to see I'm not the only one :)

Your chicken recipe sounds delish, but I might have to cut back a bit on the butter. You sound like Paula Deen with that "whole stick of butter" thing, hehehe! :)

Hope you have a great time at the get-together on Saturday!!!

gail@more than a song said...

Glad you have a break, been wondering where you had been! Your quick chicken sounds so, so good....might have to give it a try soon.

Anonymous said...

I think your Wed meal is probably the best one of the bunch... you don't have to cook it! :)

aimeeroo.com