Thursday, December 21, 2006

Here comes Christmas!




Here are some rum balls that I made last night. I packaged up these for a co-worker that was nice enough to bring me some rum to make them. I thought I would share my recipe with you:

Rum Balls
60 Nilla wafers, finely crushed
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 T light corn syrup
2 T unsweetened cocoa
1 t instant coffee
1/4 cup rum
1 cup chocolate sprinkles

Mix wafer crumbs, sugar, pecans, butter, corn syrup and cocoa in large bowl. Add coffee granules to rum; stir until coffee granules are dissolved. Add to crumb mixture. Shape mixture into 1" balls; roll in sprinkles. Place in air tight container with sheet of wax paper between layers. Store at room temperature.

Christmas Eve will be at my house this year. Erynn and I are so excited about that. We are having appetizers with Jezbel Meatballs, deviled eggs, cheese dip, hot homemade salsa, cheese ball and lots of cookies and candies. We have a few games that we might play like "Pass the pig" and "Chicken Foot" if we have enough dominoes for that. There are always card games too. Erynn loves to play Rummy with me or uno.

I'm applying for a scholarship for single parents that are going back to school. Please keep good thoughts for me. My work pays for 80% but I could really use some help with the 20% and would love to be able to take a few on-line classes too. I have 13 classes left until my associates is finished and then it's working towards my bachelors for a Business/Accounting degree.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a very happy New Year.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those rum ball look quite tasty. All those delicious appetizers! Can I come to your party? LOL!
Praying for you for that scholarship, Angie.
Thank you for that card you emailed me! Beautiful!

Have a Wonderful Christmas!

:-)

Barb said...

Thank you for posting this recipe, Angie. I haven't made these in years and had lost my recipe but this sounds exactly like the ones I made.

I'll say a special prayer for that scholarship. It's a blessing that your employer pays 80% but I know that other 20% isn't easy to come up with.

Merry Christmas to you.

Unknown said...

I hope you get your scholarship! Your rum balls (and the decorative box) look great!

Michelle Quinno said...

oooh, they look so pretty in that box. Hope you and Erynn had a wonderful holiday, Angie!

Linda Murphy said...

Yum-rum balls! They look divine! I will be rooting for you to get the scholarship, it would be great for you.

I hope you and Erynn had a wonderful holiday!