Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I've been ill but busy!

This was my kitchen cabinets before Saturday evening. In the picture they look nice and white but when the people flipped the house they did a really bad job of painting the cabinets with runs and everything in them and really cheap hardware.


I bought my antique glaze at Lowe's with the rags and gloves -spent about $30. I bought new hardware pulls at ebay for $20. Now I need to put some type of protectant over them. I'll be making a trip back to Lowe's this weekend - not sure that I will do it this weekend though. I had just planned on doing one cabinet to just see and before I knew it I had all the bottom one's done and got up on Sunday and finished the top ones. So it went very fast - messy but fast. When I should have been taking it easy. I woke up Saturday dragging and by Sunday evening had a full blown cold. Now I honestly feel like I have had the flu - I ache and just feel bad all over. I stayed home Tuesday and today but I have to go in tomorrow and Friday for the end of the period at work.

Hope everyone out in blog land is doing well. I'll do better next week in posting I promise!

10 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ooh, Angie, the cabinets look great! That was a ton of work, and I hate to hear you're sick. I hope you are feeling much better and will get some more rest over the next few days.

Just one thing... we have some friends who did the glaze type thing like this on their white cabinets. It looked great, but it started rubbing off after a while, like where they would lean against something or always put their hand to the side of the knob or whatever. Maybe they didn't put a protectant on it, like you were talking about. Hope that does the trick! :)

Feel better soon!

Linda Murphy said...

I hope you are feeling better soon, so you can begin enjoying your kitchen! Congrats on your hard work-make sure to get some rest!

Kathy M said...

congrats on the "new" kitchen. You are becoming quite the handy woman.

Christine said...

Love the cabinets! You are so brave...I am afraid to try home improvement on my own.

gail@more than a song said...

Your cabinets look amazing! Looks like a lot of work.
Hope you're feeling better soon.
Have missed seeing you around Angie!

KC said...

WOW you have been busy.. and while your sick.. you go girl.
I hope your feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Your cabinets look beautiful!

Michelle said...

What a dramatic change to your kitchen. What a great job!

Barb said...

Wow, Angie. This is one of the most amazing before and after projects I've ever seen. What a huge difference and I love the new look. I can't believe you did this when you're feeling so rotten.

Hope you get over it soon. Flu is no fun, especially when you have to go back to work before you're really ready.

I wonder how many people will run to Home Depot after they see this. Truly an amazing improvement.

Michelle Quinno said...

Where have you been, woman?!! hehe

p.s. I love your cabinets.