Monday, February 05, 2007

Monday Menu Plan February 5, 2007

Well, this past weekend was very busy at my house. My 13 yr old went to her first formal dance. All day on Saturday she was a nervous wreck. She was worried her dress wasn't dressy enough (this coming from my sports playing tomboy), to someone having the same dress as her. I really don't think she ate much at all - I finally enticed her with her favorite taco bell and got her to eat a late lunch after getting her hair put up. Let me show you some pics:






Ok, now after seeing those pics can you see why I'm so sad. This is my only baby and where did she go and who is this teenager that has replaced my tomboy. Someone suggested I get a shotgun. I brought the photos to work this morning and shared them with my coworkers and they were just as shocked as I was. It just seems like this has happened over night.


Saturday morning we woke up to this:
Can you see the forks too? It was too funny. The girl next door and a friend of theirs did this. Erynn was so excited - I guess it's a "Right of Passage". I'm just thankful there wasn't a lot to pick up.

So finally here is my menu for the week:

Sunday: I had left over potato soup before I went to the Superbowl party and pigged out.

Monday: Stromboli - I'm just making one of those package pizza crust and putting sausage, cheese and pepperoni on the inside and baking it and then dipping in spaghetti sauce.

Tuesday: Class

Wednesday: Cheese tortolini (sp?) with alfredo sauce and veggies

Thursday: Class

Friday: Meatloaf

Saturday: Bowling alley with the Single's group from church

OH, I watched some of Paula Dean on FoodNetwork yesterday and I'm telling you I think I gained 10 lbs just watching. I printed out a ton of recipes and I'll let you know as I try them.

I hope everyone has a great week and be sure to check out Laura's blog for more menus!










9 comments:

Melissa said...

Your daughter is beautiful! I have my one and only baby too... and she just turned 15. Where does the time go?

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous :) I hope she had a good time!

Have a wonderful week,

Sherry

Unknown said...

Your daughter is just beautiful and looks so grown up and confident in the photos. I have a 14 year old son and when I saw him in a suit I cried. They grow up so fast.
Great menu plan. Happy Library Lover's Month.

Annie said...

Your daughter is so pretty.
Have a great week!
Annie

Christy said...

You're daughter looks beautiful! But I'm glad that stage is still far away for me :)

Your menu plan looks good. I love stromboli!

KC said...

Oh my goodness she is beautiful, I had to call my 11 year old daughter over to see her photos and she said "WOW she is so pretty" my 11 year old is also the sports playing type but loves to dress up also its funny to see the two different side of her. 13 is just around the cornor for us. UGH!!! I'm not ready. your menu looks great I might have to try your stromboli, that sounds yummy and like something the kids would enjoy alot.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Stromboli and tortellini sound great.

I know what you mean about Paula Deen, but I can't stop watching....

gail@more than a song said...

Been out of town and didn't do a menu this week...I love the pictures of your daughter! Just gorgeous. They do grow up too fast.

BeckyKay said...

She's just beautiful! You must be very proud!