Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My favorite afghan to make


This is my very favorite afghan to crochet. You use a 8H afghan hook - it's a long hook and you crochet it in strips. It works really fast. I have made about three of these so far. They are very heavy and very warm because of the single crochet. My favorite yarn to use is Caron Simply Soft but when I can't purchase it on sale I will then purchase Red Heart. I can't figure out how to attach the instructions so if you would like a copy email me and I'd be happy to send them to you.

Happy Crocheting!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

That is really nice Angie. I am going to learn how to do that someday. I have crocheted before... mostly doilies from fine cotton. I tried a baby blanket once and it got progressively wider with each row.
Good work!

Michelle Quinno said...

That's so nice, Angie! My mom used to make these. I had a red, white and black one for my room which was in the same colors!!

Anonymous said...

that looks really complicated! ;-) for me anyway ... it looks very nice though.

Linda Murphy said...

That is so pretty, I love the braid along the edge! I haven't crocheted in a million years, you've got me thinking about picking it up again!

BeckyKay said...

How pretty! I wish that I could crochet. My mom used to do it a lot, but I never learned even though she tried to teach me.

Like the red & black!

Angie said...

How funny that it looks red and black to everyone!LOL It's actually hunter green and rose colored.

Thanks for the compliments.

Unknown said...

It looks so warm and inviting. Great job.