Sunday, June 01, 2008

1st day of road trip

Erynn and I left the state of Arkansas at about 6 a.m. with Ms. Garmin in her womanly voice telling us to turn right and off we went!

I knew that today's travels would mostly be boring -we are both in a rush to get to the Grand Canyon and see it so we didn't sight see much through Texas or Oklahoma.

We saw all the windmill/turbin things in Oklahoma. Those things are huge and I kept trying to figure out how I could get one of those in my backyard to use for electricity!

On I40 in Texas is the huge cross you can see for miles and miles but we actually missed the exit for it.

Erynn laughed at me because I stopped and took pictures of "nothingness" in Texas. I have never seen anything like it and New Mexico is looking like Texas except more red clay.


In Amarillo we spray painted the cadillacs and then we were off to New Mexico!




We made it to Moriarty, NM and spent the night. In the morning we'll start the trip to the 4 corner states!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! Glad to see you're off on a great adventure! Keep us posted! Gaynol

Michelle Quinno said...

Wow, I've never heard of painting the caddies! That's very cool.