Thursday, January 11, 2007

A full week of work....

uGGGGGGh. I tell you after being off 11 days with the holidays and now finally working a full week of work and starting my class this week - I'm tired. So tired. I have a ton of laundry, a dirty house (not really but I feel like it's dirty because I haven't mopped or dusted this week) and a craft room that is calling my name.

I started on Weight Watchers this week. I have a good 20 pounds to loose. Looking at me you would have no idea that I need to loose that but when the jeans come off the junk starts falling out of the trunk. I'm just carrying too much weight, my knees are sore and I can see it in my face and arms, too. It's been tough. I've tried not to feel guilty for going over in points each night but I have. I keep telling myself little changes and I'll get there but I feel like I'm starving and I'm really not. I haven't got the exercise going yet - one change at a time - let me get the food under control and then I'll start it - I promise! Have you ever notice that certain foods trigger you to eat more - mine is mexican food. I love mexican food but I know if I eat it and even just a little bit it throws me off plan for days! Did I say I love mexican food?!! The little lady at El Canaverals will be asking where I have been.

I got the hardware for my kitchen cabinets in the mail on Monday and I'm anxious to get started but I'm tired and I think it can wait a week or two or maybe three. I'm awful about wanting to get things done and like my neighbor said this summer, "you aren't moving anytime soon are you?" He also asked for a list of things I planned to do to the yard so he was prepared and knew how much it was going to cost him too!LOL I have done a lot with my parents and friend Michele's help since moving in the last of April 06. My parents came over within a month of me moving in and dug a flowerbed the whole length of the house in the front for me. Then they put in a little garden for me out back (it was late summer by this time so other than my herbs there is weeds again and needs to be dug back out - on my list to do). Michele and I painted my daughter's room three shades of lavendar when she was gone to Germany in July and I painted her bathroom a bright fun orangy color that matched her shower curtain. I then painted my bedroom/bathroom. So the only rooms left is the living/kitchen that are opened to each other and my scrapbook room. All the flooring is new throughout the house. It's hard to believe that in April I will be there a full year! Where does the time go?

So, I'm tired and I think I will piddle around in my scrapbook room and maybe take a nap or two if my World Lit II instructor doesn't give us a ton of work to do.

6 comments:

Deborah said...

I have a week yet till I have to start classes. But, I am back to work and my house is a wreck too! Hope you enjoy some time in your craft room!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ooh, so sorry you're so wiped out, but you have every reason to be, after the class load and work. Hope you get a chance to rest some this weekend and recharge.

Good luck with the WW, let us know how it's going. You might not want to come read my blog (we had Mexican last night!), LOL!

Have a good weekend!!

Michelle Quinno said...

Get some rest, Angie! And the best of luck with WW! ou can do it!

An Ordinary Mom said...

It is always so hard to get back in the swing of things after the holidays. I am still adjusting to normal life, too.

Good luck with WW. You CAN do it! Just be patient with yourself and do the best you can do. Just don't think of mexican food :) !!

An Ordinary Mom said...

I forgot to mention that cous cous is a tiny pasta. It is very good and easy to make.

And the meatloaf recipe you printed out is a good low points recipe. I think 1/8th of it is about 4 points.

Michelle Quinno said...

Thanks so much for the recipe, Angie. It sounds delish!

p.s. Yes, it's too funny how we get a mental image of someone! Thanks for your nice comments!!