Monday, January 29, 2007

January 29, 2007 Monday Menu

Well, this weekend was a quiet one for us and I really needed it to be. I spent Friday evening with my friend Michele and her three boys. We made fried rice and had spring rolls - YUMMY! Then Parker (Michele's youngest boy - he's 5) gave me a sack of pecans that he's been picking up and asked me to make him a pecan pie!LOL These are the little bitty pecans and it may be easier to purchase pecans to make him a pecan pie! He associates me with Chocolate and if I don't bring chocolate he thinks I don't love him anymore! He is a cutie! I'm doing very simple meals the next few weeks.

Sunday: Pork tenderloin cooked in crockpot with dry lipton herb soup mix, roasted potatoes, garlic biscuits

Monday: Chicken with garlic parmesan noodles and green beans

Tuesday: Class

Wednesday: Meal at the church

Thursday: Class

Friday: Homemade pizzas

Saturday: Erynn's first formal dance!!!!

I have been awful about not posting photos lately and I promise to get better about it. I have lost 3 lbs since starting WW 2 weeks ago. Last week was completely blown because of conferences we had a work and all the junk food laying around from my favorite bakery. So today is a fresh start on a new week. I quit going to the weigh ins because honestly - I can weigh myself in and pay myself the $10 since I can't ever make the meetings. Hope everyone has a great week and be sure to check out Laura's blog for more menus.

15 comments:

Margaret said...

Mmmmmm I love pecan pie. But not shelling the pecans!

FHC said...

I enjoyed looking at your blog. The title drew me to it as I do one "The Life and Times of Tadley Bear" about an English bear at www.tadley-bear.bogspot.com and one called Artist's Progress at www.artistsprogress.blogspot.com. Why don't you send me a scrapbook page to pot up on a Friday or some different craft.Kind Regards, Sue

Anonymous said...

Angie - your crock pot pork recipe sounds yummy!

Delete said...

Hi-

Thanks for visiting my menu. Your's looks great! Here is my recipe for Chicken Curry:

1) Cook 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast & cute into bite size pieces. (I have baked the chicken earlier in the day and then cubed it or cut it up and then sauteed it before doing step 2.) Set aside.

2) Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in large skillet over medium heat. Cook 1/4 cup of chopped onions, 1 tablespoon of flour, 1 tablespoon of curry powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in butter. Stir constantly until bubbly. It will be think like a grainy paste.

3. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup chicken broth and 1/2 cup milk (we use skin).

4. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly for about 1 minute. Add chicken. Cook about 3 minutes while stirring. Serve with white rice.

My girls love it-they call it yellow chicken. For pickier eaters, I would just serve them some of the cooked chicken (before adding the sauce) and rice with the veggie that you are serving.

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Yum. The Chicken with the garlic parmesan noodles sounds delicious.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the weight loss-and the nice weekend!

Your menu looks great this week. I hope you have a wonderful Monday!

gail@more than a song said...

How was the pork? It sounds really yummy. And pizza on Friday seems very popular, wish I'd thought ot it!
Ooh, first dance! Maybe you'll have to post some pictures, fun!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Yum, Angie this all sounds good. I love pork tenderloin and the chicken with garlic parmesan noodles sounds so delicious :) Hope you guys have a good week and how exciting for the first dance! Hope Erynn has a great time, take lots of pictures before she leaves!

Don't work too hard, and have a great week!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

MMM, that pork tenderloin recipe looks great, and easy.

Michelle Quinno said...

way to go, Angie!!! That's fantastic on the WW!

And that pork recipe sounds delish! Is it really that simple?

Michelle Quinno said...

I forgot to say that I hope Erynn has a wonderful time and hope to see the photos soon!!

Anonymous said...

Yum...your menu looks great...I like the sound of the chicken with garlic parmesan noodles! Congrats on the weight loss!
Shawnele

Anonymous said...

Monday night sounds delicious!

Michelle Quinno said...

Angie, on the chicken recipe, how long do I cook it? Also, how many breasts per envelope of soup?

Thanks!

Michelle Quinno said...

Ooops, I meant pork tenderloin above!! I guess my question is how long and on low or high? Thanks!