Monday, January 22, 2007

Monday Menu January 22, 2007



Well, this week certainly looks like it's going to be a easy cooking week for me. With class two nights a week and then church - it's only a few day!LOL

Sunday: Autumn Chowder (my daughter's favorite) with cracker bread

Monday: Poll Fajitas new recipe I found on someone's blog and thought I'd try it

Tuesday: Class - dd will eat leftovers before going to mom's

Wednesday: Church

Thursday: Class

Friday: Chicken Parmesan Strips with Roasted potatoes and salad - I think I have had this on the menu several times but I promise I'm going to make it this week!LOL

Saturday: Homemade pizzas

I made the hummingbird cake yesterday and it was so yummy. I had a small slice and then brought the rest of the cake to work today. They are really enjoying it. This is my second week of WW and I think I blew it this week. I wasn't as well with my water as I had been. I'll see tonight when I go weigh.

I made me a household notebook from organizedhome.com and I am really loving it. I have sections for emergency #'s, then address/phone book, menu's/takeouts with phone #'s to local restaurants - the menus are put in page protectors instead of digging through a drawer trying to find them, shopping list/menu - in here I have a menu for the current month and the next month so I can jot down ideas as they come to me - organizedhome also has a recipes to try list that I have been writing recipes on and putting the recipe behind it in the page protector, then lastly bills. I have my monthly list of bills and then a page protector to put the bills in as they come in. So everything is in one binder and if I need it I can carry it with me. It's great. I normally keep it in a drawer at home and my daughter knows where it's at too incase she needs it.

Hope everyone has a great week. Be sure to check out Laura's blog for more menus!

12 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

I must try that Autumn chowder sometime, because you guys seem to really like it...it's good to have tried and true recipes.
Short weeks are good!

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

Please share that recipe for autumn chowder! Sounds yummy.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'd love to see the ingredients!

Angie said...

http://recipes.tasteofhome.com/eRMS/recp.aspx?recid=19311 here is the link for the autumn chowder recipe.

Heather said...

Sounds like a nice yummy but easy week! Thanks for checking out my menu too!

KC said...

it all sounds so yummy. I'm going to go check out the chowder here in a minute. Thanks for checking out mine. I'm putting a responce to the BP sandwich question in my comment section now.

Amber said...

I'm on WW, too. :) It's very forgiving and it takes time to adjust our eating habits. You can do it!

Great menu. Have a good week!

Anonymous said...

Your week sounds yummy! I love hummingbird cake but haven't had it in forever....thanks for sharing your menus!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Sounds like a great week of meals.

Good for you, getting a home notebook all organized! I should do something like that myself...

Michelle Quinno said...

Autumn chowder sounds interesting! I don't eat chowder because my mom made me eat it when I was young! LOL It was corn chowder and I can't stand the thoughts of any chowder to this date. Of course, I don't like milk so that could be part of it. Hope you have a good week, Angie!

Anonymous said...

Your menu sounds great....but the best thing about today's entry is your ideas for your household notebook. Mine has been "in the works" for over 2 years now! You have given me some great ideas to complete it! Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Hmn... I think I will have to plan some chicken parmesan for next week... that sounds so good right now! :)

I have a household notebook, but I don't use it enough... :(