Monday, January 08, 2007

Monday Menu January 8, 2007

Well, it's another week of the new year. Today I start Weight Watchers. YUCK! I know I have to get in the right frame of mind - it should be a change in lifestyle not a diet. I'm really trying to get there. I have about 20 pounds that have snuck up on me somewhere.


This weekend I cooked for my parents. I cooked the sausage and three cheese mac and cheese from Rachel Ray's show. The recipe link is in last week's menu. I also made a tuscan salad and a lemon yogurt cake. On the tuscan salad it asked for cannellini beans and I couldn't find those so I used chick peas. Both of these recipes call for lemon juice and they really suggested using fresh. I have always used the bottled juice but this time I squeezed fresh and oh my goodness. My mom, dad and I ate like little piggies. The mac and cheese makes a ton - I bet it could serve 8 to 10 people so be sure to half the recipe if you need to.


I painted this weekend again! I painted my bathroom the color that was behind my bed in my bedroom. It's called aged copper - I believe. It really made a difference in the room. Now I just need some rugs and and few chocolate towels and that one will be finished.

This is before
This is after!



The kitchen is my next project. I purchased black swedish iron twisted pulls from ebay for 60 cents each. I'm so proud of that purchase. I am going to glaze these with a mocha stain so it will antique them a little bit. I will have to paint the hinges black since they are painted silver right now. When I purchased the house they had painted the cabinets white but the pulls are cheap plastic covered where they peel the silver off. I think this project won't get started for a few weeks. I'm hoping for a quiet weekend this weekend.
Ok here's the menu:
Monday: dry smoked ribs and a large salad - my dad is cooking these for us
Tuesday: Class
Wednesday: Chili dog, salad - not sure how much of the chili dog I will be able to eat - check pts
Thursday: Class
Friday: Tacos or taco salad for me
Saturday: not sure yet
Pretty boring week here. Just trying to get back in the groove of eating right with WW. Hope everyone has a great week. Be sure to check out Laura's blog for more menus.




13 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

I can never find cannellini beans here in MS! I love your pictures, what a great job on your painting! I have a whole upstairs that needs it but the thought of moving everything just stops me dead in my tracks.
That's nice your dad is cooking the ribs for you. Love chili dogs, hope you get to have one!

Kelly said...

The tuscan salad sounds great!

alisonwonderland said...

the bathroom paint looks beautiful!

good luck with the Weight Watchers thing!

thanks for stopping by my menu plan!

Anonymous said...

Oh yum, tuscan salad! And I just love Racheal Ray!

I'm starting WW today too -- and I have a lot to lose! Good luck to you!

Sherry

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Angie, you are going to do great on Weight Watchers - good for you! I know you'll do good, just don't give up and if you miss a day or mess up points, just wake up the next day and keep going :)

Your menu sounds good, love chili dogs and taco salad! Wonder how much you can have on WW?

Your bathroom is gorgeous, what a great color! Your kitchen looks really good to me right now, but I can't wait to see what a difference the new hardware will make. Love all of those pictures!

Have a good day and a terrific week!!!

Unknown said...

I just love ribs. I love your pictures of your project.

An Ordinary Mom said...

You have a great eye for decorating.

Good luck with your points and with WW. It is hard to make a lifestyle change, but you can do it!

Deborah said...

I love your bathroom. My bathroom is the one room I really want to remodel, but it needs more than just a paint job....new tub, floor, everything. Just not in the cards right now...until I finish school. But, I did get new towels for christmas and I LOVE them! they don't match at all, but they are what I'd like to do the bathroom in later on.

Good luck on the ww thing...DH and I are trying to lose weight too.

Anonymous said...

Here is the recipe for the microwave potato chips. I haven't tried them myself -- if you do try them, let me know! They sound good!

Here's the recipe - I haven't tried them though
CORE Microwave Potato Chips-2 Pts

9 ounces russet potatoes -- (yellow gold, or red potatoes) 1 med. potato
sea salt (onion powder, pepper,granulated garlic powder, seasoned salt, cayenne pepper, dried dill weed (your choice spices or herbs)
Pam olive oil spray, or butter-flavored spray for greasing the pan

1. If potatoes are old, peel and slice thin, 1/16" in thickness, slicing across the potato (use a mandolin.).
2. If the potatoes are new or good skins, DO NOT PEEL, just scrub well, then slice them 1/16" in thickness, slicing across the potato.
3. Sprinkle with your choice of spices or herbs.
4. If you have a microwave bacon tray, place the sliced potatoes flat on the tray in a single layer.
5. Cover with a microwaveable, round heavy plastic cover.
6. Microwave on HIGH (full power) for 7 to 8 minutes.
7. Cooking time could vary slightly, depending on the wattage of your microwave.
8. You do not have to turn the sliced potatoes over.
9. If you do not have a bacon tray, use a microwave-safe casserole dish.
10. Rub the inside of the dish with some olive oil for the first batch of potato chips (or use parchment paper).
11. I do not know why, but I find that if you do not rub oil the first time, some chips will tend to stick to the dish.
12. After the first batch is done, you do not have to rub the dish again.
13. Continue to microwave the remainder of sliced potatoes as noted above.
Yield: 2 servings Calorie Count is 101 calories, 2g fiber, 0 g fat
(estimated WW POINTS 2 per serving)

Laura said...

Wow I love the new color of your bathroom...it looks great!
Laura

Miss Notesy said...

Wow, that looks really good! I hate painting, and I'm so sloppy at it. I always spill, but so does Hubs so he can't complain. We hired a painter to do our house when we were building and he spilled in a lot of areas too (or I should say "splattered".)

Miss Notesy said...

I love your blog. I forgot to say. I've added you to my bloglines.

Michelle Quinno said...

Angie, how on Earth do you get the energy to do all of this?! You're amazing!! I love the bathroom color. Great job. I need to get mine done but dh refuses to let me do it. So ....I'm waiting for him! lol

The recipes sound excellent. Good luck on the WW!