Thursday, October 26, 2006

Hectic Thursday

First thing this morning, I thought it was Friday, boy was that wishful thinking! It's Thursday and that means a very busy day/night at work getting ready for our vendor appreciation shrimp boil and trying to get everything finished for the end of the period, too! Why do they always pick the last week of the period to do this dinner!

I'm letting Erynn have two girls spend the night Friday night for a small Halloween party. Last year it was a total of six girls but then in my ex's house we had lots of room and money wasn't an issue. I told her we were going to have to down-size the party. She seemed ok with it but now that it's Thursday she's telling all this stuff that she would like to have. She wanted to make invitations last night at 9pm after I had got home from school. I explained to her it was too late for that and then she was showing me things she had found online and they were really cute. She is a procrastinator - very bad procrastinator!LOL. We carved the pumpkin last night and have it done and I got the big jars I needed from my mom's house. So tonight after the dinner at work, I get to go home and start setting up. I need to bake a pan of brownies so that will be done and then to start setting the table. I have a witches cauldron that we put a smaller bowl inside of it for punch(sprite with green food coloring - that's what my dd calls punch) with dry ice around it. I also have a glow stick to put in it too! The bar will have purple lights on it with spider web covering them and then we'll have a brain(cauliflower) in green water in a big glass cookie jar, and then blood (red gelatin with some blue food coloring mixed it - it'll look almost black) and guts (spaghetti with red food coloring) in another jar. The light fixture in the kitchen will have black light bulbs in it with spider web and bats hanging in it. Oh yeah, the table will have rats on it too! I have Halloween plates and Halloween goblets for them and the ice will have plastic flies in it!LOL Before the dinner we will go to a hay maze and I have glow necklaces for them so I can keep up with them and then we'll come home and have a haunted menu.
Haunted Menu
Ghost tales (napkin)
Witches Fingers ( green beans)
Goblin Pie (pizza)
Devil's tail (fork)
They'll each have a menu and they will get to pick two things and they'll have no idea what they are getting. It's a lot of fun but this year I'm cheating and not cooking other than the green beans!LOL They will have little name plates of who's sitting where and lots of candy.
Two guys are coming from work and are going to scare them! I told them no mask! Just to scratch on the window and then to knock really loud on the door! I've warned my neighbor's too! I have a ghost story to tell them: "Where's my golden arm". That's the one that used to always get me.
So as you can tell I will probably get very little sleep Friday night and then Saturday evening we have the Razorback game! But it will be so much fun! I'll post pics when I get them!

2 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

That sounds like a blast, Angie!! Have fun!

Ms. Kathleen said...

How fun! I remember those days. This year my 15 is working at a haunted house for four nights and going to a concert on Halloween night. I am sure he will have fun. Your scrapbooking and cards look awesome. You are so talented!