Monday, October 23, 2006

Homemade with love


I always make jelly to give to the ladies I work with and teachers, etc. This year I made Mock Strawberry Preserves out of figs.
Mock Strawberry Preserves
6 cups figs, mashed
4 small strawberry jello pkgs
6 cups sugar
Cook mashed figs and sugar for about 10 minutes. Then add jello and bring to a hard boil - cooking 10 min longer after to comes to hard boil - stirring constantly. Put in jars and seal - invert jars for 5 minutes

I also normally make small gift albums for my mom and sil but I'm not sure that I will do that this year.

My dd is wanting scarves made out of fleece for her friends at school. I am going to buy three colos and then sew the strips on top of each other and then cut fringe on each side and then purchase small gloves at walmart to give with them.

This is hosted by Gibee at kisses of sunshine.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make Strawberry jelly too...that is a great idea

Michelle Quinno said...

Gorgeous cards above!!

Rae said...

Great ideas! The strawberry jelly sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing =)

Ms. Kathleen said...

I love this strawberry jam idea. Fabulous. I have figs in my fridge that I was wondering what to do with. Now I know! Thank you so much!

Linda Murphy said...

Yummm. Very creative!

GiBee said...

Hmmm -- This is a great idea ... I have never "canned" anything yet, but I've been dying to try, and this sounds like a great recipe! Thanks for sharing this!

Also ... the scarves are awesome, and your dd's friends are going to love them. Very economical. Very homemade. Very awesome!

Thanks for participating in the Homemade Gift Idea Exchange!