Monday, October 09, 2006

Race for the cure!


So this is my fourth year for the race. As usual brings tears to my eyes. For me it's a celebration of life - though I didn't have breast cancer, but thyroid cancer - this is always my special time of year to celebrate beating cancer and being able to be a mom to my daughter. Erynn got to go with me this year and of course my best friend Michele went too. The crowd was unbelieveable - we had over 43,000 this year! Such a great cause and makes you feel so good to be walking in the race with all these other women. One of the policemen was noted saying that he hated to work the race because there would be so many women in one place there was bound to be wrecks!LOL WE ARE WOMEN HEAR US ROAR!

We had some excitement. I lost Erynn. She wanted to run it and see what time she could make on it. So off she went with my cell phone and left us with Michele's. You have the option to do a 2k or a 5k and she forgot and took the right for the 2k and we didn't show up. She found someone working the race and we got ahold of her on the phone and met up with her after the race! I don't know which one of us cried more - the lady that had her, Michele, Erynn or myself. We all hugged and cried. Very emotional day but one none of us will forget ever!

PS. Erynn turned down a cross country track meet to go with me to the race. She said she knew this meant a lot to me and she wanted to be there with me. Talk about make you want to cry!

1 comment:

Linda Murphy said...

I am glad you could take part in such a special event with your daughter and best friend. I love the picture of the three of you. My sister in law also participated in the New York City 3 day walk and she is a survivor. Thank you for posting!