Sunday, October 15, 2006

Monday and Wednesday I have college classes at night. So Sunday evenings I usually cook something that will tide us over a few days.

Monday - homemade vegetable soup I made Sunday

Tuesday - country style ribs that were cooked in the crockpot with bbq sauce

Wednesday - left overs

Thursday - grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup

Friday - Pancakes, bacon and eggs

Saturday - Singles group at church is getting together

Sunday - frozen lasagna, corn and french bread

My vegetable soup is very easy and my daughter loves it which is very funny since she won't eat things mixed together.

Homemade Vegetable Soup

1 lb hamburger meat cooked and drained
2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 bag of frozen mixed vegetables
minced garlic
black pepper and salt
1/2 onion chopped
dash of tabasco sauce
16 oz of tomato juice
water
cooked macaroni

Mix all together except macaroni and tomato juice and cook until potatoes are tender. Add macaroni at the end with tomato juice.

12 comments:

Angie said...

Sorry I forgot to put a link back to Laura's site for the rest of the menus -http://orgjunkie.blogspot.com/

Laura said...

Hey Angie! I noticed that you had linked up your menu to last weeks Mr. Linky so I pasted your link into this weeks for you. I just put it up. Thanks again for playing along! Laura

Jodi said...

Sounds like a yummy week!!

Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

Friday sounds good.

Anonymous said...

I am going to steal your soup recipe. It sounds really good. Have a good week!

Anonymous said...

Ooh I love soups of most any kind...your menu looks good!

Anonymous said...

You have a yummy week ahead, the soup sounds wonderful, definitely going to try it :)

And the ribs....yummy!!!

Have a great week,
Sandra

Jenn said...

UMMM>..it's been a long time since I've made BBQ ribs. Sounds great!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Someone else with pancakes on the menu! :) I might have to make that vegetable soup. Do you usually make extra and freeze the excess?

Anonymous said...

Your soup sounds devine....I will have to try it

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

I will have to try out your soup. SOunds great! Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, that all sounds really good! I have never tried ribs in the crockpot, we also do them outside on the grill. And your vegetable soup sounds good, and fairly similar to the one I *try* to make. My mother-in-law makes really good soup that my husband loves and I've been trying to duplicate it for a while now! I have never added macaroni though, I might have to try that soon.

Have a wonderful day and a terrific week!!!