Thursday, November 09, 2006

Ever have one of those blahh days?

I'm having one of those weeks and at first I really wasn't sure what was going on but I think I have figured it out. It's the holidays coming up. At first I was worried about the money part of it but my daughter and I have talked about it and she agrees with me that the presents aren't what the whole holiday are supposed to be about. I still don't want to let her down though - know what I mean. I've been thinking about it and I'm feeling better about all of that. No, this is the first time in two years that I won't be hosting Thanksgiving. I won't have the house full of my ex's family, and I won't be doing all the cooking and cleaning. I know it sounds silly but I feel a little lost. My mom is having Thanksgiving this year and it's the first time in about 4 yrs that she will have my brother and his kids and me with her. So it will be a great Thanksgiving but a different one. Three of the eight will be under the age of 6!LOL

I visited Barb's site at http://anewchelseamorning.blogspot.com/ and she had things she was thankful for. It really hit me this morning that I too have much to be thankful for to be mopping around.

1. I have a beautiful daughter who is my world. She is truly a gift from God. I was told that the longer I waited to have children the harder it would be for me to conceive. I not only had that problem but then she was born a month early. She is my lovey, huggy girl and I truely love her and thank God for her every day.

2. I have a roof over my head and it's my very own home. I know that many single parents are not as fortunate as I am.

3. I have the most wonderful parents that anyone could ever ask for. They have been my rock in my life. They are always there.

4. I have a job and it's honestly a pretty good job. They are paying for 80% of my college education - so I can't complain very loud.

5. My car is still running. Pray with me on that one. It's not paid for yet and I would really like to get a year or two out of it after it's paid for.

6. I have my health. In 2001, I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. I had just gotten divorced from my daughter's dad in 2000 and then was slammed with this. This April was my five year check up and I'm cancer free. What a wonderful feeling that is!

So off the top of my head this morning I can think of 6 things that I'm very thankful for.

4 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Just sit back and relax & enjoy, Angie! I'm sure it'll be different but a whole lot better than before!

Anonymous said...

I think you are going to have a FABULOUS Thanksgiving. And as long as you keep focus on those great things you are thankful for you can't get too down! :)

Anonymous said...

Well, every Thanksgiving is like that for me! Someone else hosting. It's really quite good! :) I'm single, no kids so I got to Mom's every year in TN. I'm Judi's sister. So I go, eat, visit, get to be the "aunt", etc. I think a break is what you need. You will still be a vital part of the holiday just being there and sharing with everyone. It will be a blessing no matter what! Put your feet up girl!

Laura said...

That is a great list! Focusing on the positives really does help us to maintain focus on what is really important doesn't it. Thanks for the reminder! Laura