Sunday, November 26, 2006

What a weekend!

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh christmas Tree! Ok, so I can't sing a note but I wished I could. We got the Christmas tree up Friday night. It was a chore but I just love all the Christmas decorations. Erynn said our house was to small for all of them and she's right so lots of them were left in our storage building. Last year I changed my Christmas tree from victorian to the Santa tree to make a new beginning when I had remarried. That marriage didn't stick but Erynn and I both love this tree. I sewed the robe and fought very hard for the santa head on ebay last year. Don't ask what I spent for the head - it still makes me sick to my stomach - but it's perfect for the tree.


Here is the start of our lights outside. One of the guys from work came last week and put up the strands of multi-colored icicle lights. I was short one strand and need to finish them over the carport. I bought the two white light trees Friday when Michele and I went shopping. Yes, we were crazy and went shopping. The only store that was really bad was Kohl's and we both had our arms loaded down with stuff and when we saw the checkout line went around the store we decided we didn't need the stuff that bad.


Here is the hat I sewed this weekend for my nephew who will turn 2 next month. It went really quick and was lots of fun to sew!
I made six of these scarves for Erynn and her friends for Christmas. You take 3 strips of fleece (6"x60") and sew them on top of each other down the middle. Then you cut the fringe and they look like boa's. My hands are sore from cutting the fringe! Oh, I also finished the hats and mittens for my nieces. I put big white buttons on them.

Pumpkin, the new puppy is doing really good. Callie, the cat at first was being really mean to the Pumpkin but now they wrestle and have a grand time. I'll try to get a pic of them.

Now for this week. I must work really hard on my Jesse ornaments since Advent starts December 3rd.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, I've never seen a Santa tree, that is so cute! Love your lights too - we have icicle lights and I want to get either some of those spiral lighted trees or some deer (my hubby wants the deer, of course!). Love all the lights and decorations this time of year.

The scarves and hat are too cute too! I wish I had an ounce of creativity or the ability to do things like that, but alas, I do not! :)

Merry Christmas!!!