Monday, November 06, 2006

Monday Menu November 6, 2006



Sunday : Black Angus Potato Soup

Monday: Homemade Mac n cheese - didn't get to it last week

Tuesday: Dinner with Single group from church

Wednesday: Class

Thursday: Slow Cooker Tai Chicken

Friday: Tacos

Saturday: Enchiladas

Sorry that I don't have links to my recipes this week but I will post any that you may want - just let me know. Hope everybody has a great week. Check Laura's blog for more great menus.

Black Angus Baked Potato Soup
4 lg baking potato
2/3 c butter
2/3 c flour
6 c milk
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp white pepper
4 green onions
8 ozs sour cream
12 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 1/4 c cheddar cheese

Wash, dry and prick potatoes with fork. Bake in 400 oven for 1 hour or until done. Let cool. Cut into half lengthwise and scoop out pulp; set aside. Melt butter in heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Add milk, potatoes, salt, peppers, green onions (half) and back (half) and half of cheese. Stir until heated through. Add rest of cheese and sour cream. Stir until mixed well. Pour into bowls and top with onions and bacon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good week!

Jodi said...

Sounds like a yummy week!! Thanks for stopping by!

Have a great Monday!

Anonymous said...

What is Black Angus Potato Soup? We love potato soup, and am always looking for new ways to prepare it.

Pamela said...

I don't think I can live without the Black Angus Potato soup recipe. lol It just sounds delicious! :)

Anonymous said...

The potato soup sounds yummy, as does the Thai chicken (I have one I do that I love!). Well, actually, your whole menu sounds really good :)

Have a great day and a terrific week!

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I've been meaning to make that crockpot thai chicken for a few weeks now! Maybe I will actually remember when I go to make my menu plan for next week!

Have a wonderful day,

Sherry