Sunday, November 19, 2006

Monday Menu November 20, 2006

With this week being Thanksgiving, some of us will be doing more cooking than we normally do in a month. This year, I can say I'm not hosting Thanksgiving at my house. In some ways this makes me sad but in other ways it takes a load off of me. I will enjoy Thanksgiving with my parents and it will be the first time in 4 years that she will have my brother and myself there with his three (under the age of 6) and my daughter. It's been a wild year, but there is so much to be thankful for.

Sunday - My mom cooked for us.

Monday - I have a final but will be home early to cook Stove Top Mac n Cheese

Tuesday - Pancake and eggs - we didn't eat this last week

Wednesday - Tacos

Thursday - Two dishes that I'll make to take to Mom's
Senator Russell Potatoes
Makes 8 servings
3 c cooked, mashed sweet potatoes 1 c sugar 2 eggs 1 tbs vanilla extract 1/2 c melted butter Topping: 1 c packed brown sugar 1/2 c flour 1 c chopped pecans 1/3 c butter Miniature marshmallows
Mix sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, vanilla and butter thoroughly. Pour into buttered 1 qt. casserole. Mix all topping ingredients EXCEPT marshmallows, together with fork. Sprinkle the crumbs on top of the casserole. Place marshmallows on top, covering casserole. Bake for 30 minutes at 350°_________________Thanks Susan for this wonderful recipe.

Pineapple Casserole
20 oz pineapple tidbits 1/2 c sugar 3 tbs flour 1 c shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 - 1 stick butter 1 c ritz cracker crumbs
Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons of juice. Combine sugar and flour. Stir in reserved juice. Add cheese and pineapple. Combine butter and crumbs. Sprnkle over mixture. Bake uncovered at 350° for 20 - 30 minutes. Thanks for this recipe too Susan!

These are two recipes that just make Thanksgiving for me!

Friday - fried rice with left over ham

Saturday - Potato soup - freezer

I hope that everyone has a wonderful week and a wonderful Thanksgiving. Check out Laura's blog for more menus!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pineapple dish sound really, really good! I just love pineapple!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sherry

Emma said...

Sounds yummy! Is the pineapple dish a side or a dessert?

Emma

Jodi said...

That pineapple dish sounds delish!!

Have a great Monday!

Angie said...

We eat the pineapple dish as a side dish

Anonymous said...

I think I've had that pineapple dish as a side before and have thought about making it but never have. Maybe now I'll have to keep it in mind to do soon!
Have a good Thanksgiving.
www.hambones.org/blogs/gail

Anonymous said...

Angie, yes the green bean bundles are wrapped in bacon and have the dressing over them....my big kids love them!
I might try to post my cranberry salsa recipe later today or tomorrow, in case you are interested!

Laura said...

Have a great Thanksgiving this week! Laura

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I also have a couple of recipes that "it's just not Thanksgiving if this is not served!" Glad I'm not the only one :)

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh yum, I love that pineapple casserole! I haven't made it in years, maybe I should have changed things up and planned to take that to our Thanksgiving family get-together. Yummy! And I love that you're doing ham fried rice, sounds delicious!

Hope you have a great week and a very blessed Thanksgiving :)

Anonymous said...

Just thought I would drop by to say, "Hello Angie."
Have a nice evening.

;-)

Unknown said...

Another great menu plan. Have a Happy Stuffing Day.