Friday, November 10, 2006

The Start of my Jesse Ornaments



Yesterday was a great mail day. I got my advent wreath and I got the felt that Patti was so nice to send to me.

Here is a little about a Jesse tree:
The Jesse Tree is named from Isaiah 11:1: "A shoot will spring forth from the stump of Jesse, and a branch out of his roots." It is a vehicle to tell the Story of God in the Old Testament, and to connect the Advent Season with the faithfulness of God across 4,000 years of history. The Branch is a biblical sign of newness out of discouragement, which became a way to talk about the expected messiah (e.g., Jer 23:5). It is therefore an appropriate symbol of Jesus the Christ, who is the revelation of the grace and faithfulness of God.
You can check out the web for more information or look at http://www.crivoice.org/jesse.html.

I still have to embellish them with beads and thread, but I am very excited about these. Hopefully I will have these finished and more to share with you after this weekend.

Oh, Thanks ladies for the encouraging words yesterday. I'm feeling better and I exercised last night. Gosh does that make a difference. I feel so great today. Thanks again!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Oh I love those...you are so talented. I just printed off my Jesse ornaments and will be laminating them but yours are so much nicer :) Glad you are feeling better! Laura

Linda Murphy said...

I love seeing all of your projects! Can't wait to see the finishing touches!

Barb said...

You are soooo talented. Beautiful. This is very interesting. Your music and my music are playing at the same time. :-)

Thank you so much for visiting me and I so apologize for taking so long to get over here. I love your site and I'll be back.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, those are so cute! I wish I had a creative bone in my body :)

TheNormalMiddle said...

Those are looking great!