Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

As usual during Thanksgiving, it's the one time that I don't take pictures and I have no idea why. I took my camera to my mom and dad's and still didn't take pics.

This year there are so many things to be thankful for. Of course Erynn is very thankful for the new puppy!LOL We are truly blessed with our wonderful family, our new home, all the friends we have (even the new ones in bloggerville), and a wonderful God that watches over us.

We spent the day at my parent's house (Hi Brooklyn and Mom! They told us they have been visiting the blog). It's the first time in 5 yrs that Mom has had all her grandkids and kids (my brother and myself) together for Thanksgiving. We had Mr. and Mrs. Maul (my parent's neighbors) there too. There was wonderful food and conversation to be had. The weather was beautiful so the kids got to play outside in the leaves. Erynn even got to take Pumpkin with her. Afterwards we came home and I took a nap (too much turkey) and then off to the movies we went. Erynn and I saw Deck the Halls and it was a cute Christmas movie to get you in the mood. This has been our tradition for the last six years to go and see a movie on the night of Thanksgiving.

Michele, my best friend, has changed her mind. We are not leaving in the morning at 4:30 but now 5:00am. So this means that I don't have to sleep in what I'm going to wear but can maybe actually get up and be ready by 5:00am. Ok, so I'm not a morning person - I just need a little caffeine and quiet and then I'm ok. Don't ask me to make major decision early in the morning - it makes me grumpy. Erynn and I stay on our own ends of the house in the morning and then when we get ready to leave we meet in the middle!LOL So just remember - I will be out there with all the other crazy shoppers and I hope none of us make the news!

Hoping all of you had a Great Turkey and you have lots of leftovers!

1 comment:

Ms. Kathleen said...

Oh my gosh. That puppy is so cute!

5 a.m. to go shopping! Insane! I don't shop the day after Thanksgiving. In fact, I am basically done! Yep, DONE! I may buy a few more things but NO PRESSURE! Now, to get things wrapped and organized.

Hope all is going well with the Ornament Exchange :)